Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Night Out LOTD


So I am absolutely 100% loving this look. I always go dramatic when I am not working (well and I guess even when I am). HOWEVER! I just love the way this look turned out when I just wanted to play at my makeup table for dinner tonight.
I took out my four MAC crushed metals, from the winter collection. They came in the little ornament, sphere type packaging. First of all, let me say I would not reccomend purchasing these as they are so incredibly hard to work with it is almost not worth it. Before this I did my face and set it with a loose powder. This step is crucial, not only are you setting your makeup, but if you have any fallout (which these crushed metals give you) you will be able to easily sweep it away at the end.
I primed with Too Faced's glitter glue because these shadows definitely need something to grab onto. First, I used the brightest color called Pearl on the inner 2/3 of the lid, also the inner corner, and blended to perfection. I took the brown color called Roasted Chestnut and placed some in the crease, not blending just yet. Just in the crease, not extending it out yet. I took the pink color called Rose Light and put it on the outer 1/3 of the eye, then took a sigma blending brush and blended the Roasted Chestnut into the shape I wanted, which was easily done with this pigment like shadow. For the shadows you can use in your collection, just chose a frosty white, frosty light pink and a dark brown with gold glitter.
With liner, I took my favorite Buxom Lashliner in the color Suede, just any dark brown gel liner will do. I liner very close to the lashline, no thick liner for this look and all in the waterline. I used Maybelline the Falsies mascara, about 3 coast, you could apply false lashes if you'd like.
I used Too Faced's Chocolate Soliel bronzer for contour, Tarte's Exposed for blush, and Kat Von D's lipstick in Celebutard with a little bit on chapstick over it to help it not be so drying.
Hope you enjoyed this look and that these steps are helpful to recreate it!
Pictures are mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment